12 October 2009

At Aylesford

I'd been looking forward very much to making our trip to venerate the relics of St Thérèse, and we got to Aylesford just after three, and saw this the queue snaking across the grass from the car park, so we joined it...



...and it went on...




...and on...



...and on...



...until we got to the queue which began at the Rosary walk...



...and on it went, past a booth where you could reflect on the childhood of St Thérèse...



...and on...



...to another booth, with photos of the Saint as a Carmelite...



...and on...



...to the last booth,with more photographs of St Thérèse...



...and the last leg...



...almost there!



And here we are.



I never know what to say when I'm put on the spot, and in spite of thinking long and hard before hand, I found being in the chapel a bit overwhelming. So I didn't manage to say all the things I wanted to, although I did get these two wobbly photos.




What's wonderful is that there were so many people there, so many families, so many nationalities, everybody was having such a brilliant time! Over two and a half hours in a queue? So what? I only wish I could do it again.

No comments: