26 August 2011

Response from the Biased British Corporation


 'Dear Audience Member

Reference CAS-952009-PF1XYL

Thanks for contacting the BBC.

I understand that you feel there was insufficient coverage of the Pope's visit to Spain and World Youth Day in comparison to the protests in Madrid against the visit.

Whilst I appreciate your concerns, choosing the stories to include in our bulletins and programmes; the order in which they appear and the length of time devoted to them is a subjective matter and one which we know not every viewer and listener will feel we get right every time. However we are confident that we also provided coverage across the BBC of the Pope's visit in a number of reports, including online reports such as those below:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14568707

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14606335

Nevertheless, we’re guided by the feedback we receive and I can assure you I've registered your complaint on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's made available to all BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

Mark Roberts
BBC Complaints
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints '

As I said, bleurchh.


Unfortunately, he didn't seem to register my contempt for the TV Tax...never mind...Still, they do log complaints, so complain away if you feel so moved!


1 comment:

Et Expecto said...

I am glad you registered a complaint. I did the same and got a similar reply.

I imagine that the complaints on this subject were numerous, and maybe that accounts for the tone of the reply. Although not admitting any bias, the letter does indicate that the matter will be taken further, which,I understand is better than usual.

It seems to me that what counts is the number of complaints on a particular topic. So readers, don't be afraid to complain.