28 December 2009

Our Lady of Consolation



Yesterday afternoon Fr Alexander Lucie-Smith celebrated Mass at OLOC, and we listened to a pastoral letter from His Lordship the Bishop. I wished I'd taken my camera, because the crib was just beautiful.

I hadn't thought there would be many people at Mass, given the weather and seasonal family committments, but I was wrong! Following Mass we all enjoyed some very welcome and warming mulled wine and mince pies - and tea, of course, and lively conversation. It's very good to see Fr Goddard out and about again.

2 comments:

Laura said...

"and we listened to a pastoral letter from His Lordship the Bishop."

Yes, so did we. OK - but as usual very horizontal - focusing on what the priest does rather than what he is.

Ho hum.

Wish I could have got to OLOC, but still have houseful of visitors coming and going.

Annie said...

*sigh*...we usually have rather inspiring sermons at OLOC...and Fr ALS always gives such juicy ones, it was such a shame we missed out...