20 May 2009

Archbishop Nichols - Installation on 21 May

The Installation of the Archbishop is tomorrow morning. Have a look here at the Installation Blog. There are some great pictures of the vestments in production. The music looks to be a rare treat!

Coverage is on EWTN and BBC2, and at the Catholic Herald .


My 2ps worth:
I'm a firm believer that if something important is happening, from great celebrations in the family such as Baptisms and First Holy Communions, up to the Installations of Archbishops, you take time and trouble to make it as special as you possibly can. These things aren't everyday occurences, they are special events in life, and need to be made the most of and not apologised for. It's quite usual to have new clothes for weddings, baptisms, funerals and birthday parties. Being a bit girly, I know that the cost of some handbags requires a second mortgage (and no, I haven't got one that did!). People spend a fortune on wedding dresses that are worn once without regretting it.
It's also quite usual to have special music and a damned good party afterwards.
I don't see why anyone would expect an Archbishop to have less.

So I'm really looking forward to seeing the Installation tomorrow, and I hope it's every bit as magnificent as it should be!

No comments: