26 June 2010

Extraordinary Form Mass in Horsham from September

This from Fr Terry Martin's parish newsletter:

Monthly Mass in the Extraordinary Form at St John's



Following a request from a group of local Catholics, there will be monthly Mass in the Extraordinary Form at St John's, on the first Saturday of each month at 6pm, between now and Easter. As I'm sure you know, the Extraordinary Form Mass is a Latin Tridentine Mass and visiting priests will be coming to celebrate this Mass for the group who attend. Parishioners are, of course, encouraged to attend if they so wish. I am delighted at this development and happy to be able to help in this way.


Fr Terry

Visit our parish blog on
http://www.stjohnsrcparishhorsham.blogspot.com/
and leave a comment.
01403 253667

 

Here's a map and directions and Masses start in September.



Isn't this great news?

10 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations!! You have done so much to encourage these - many people will be truly grateful.

Geoff Callister said...

Well done Annie, you're brilliant. I reckon that, thanks to your hard work and tenacity, the DAB are showing the lead to other diocese in liturgical reform: how ironic!
Geoff

Annie said...

Lol! That's very sweet of you both, but as I'm sure you know, it's all down to the generosity of the priests who've been kind enough to say yes...and St Emilie De Rodat. I can't speak highly enough of her :D

Anonymous said...

Annie, We're feeling very left out over here in Surrey!

Annie said...

Anonymous, leave me a private message and contact email in the combox, (and please, a name!) and I'll message you back, and see what can be done... :D

Annie said...

No-Longer-Anonymous:

Expect to hear from me almost immediately :D

SurreyCatholic said...

STOP PRESS - Sat 3rd July
Annie - I have just spoken to Fr. Martin. It seems the Horsham parish newsletter was a bit misleading. The 1st Saturday Masses do not start until September. (It is possible, if you're as dim as I am, to read it as if the 1st Sat Masses are starting NOW.)

Annie said...

SC, I've said in the post that Masses start in September, no worries.

St John's, Horsham said...

Did you know that the Sisters of the Holy Family in Horsham rejoice in St Emilie de Rodat as their founder? There could be something in that ...

Annie said...

Oh my gosh! That's just extraordinarily marvellous!