22 June 2010
Anyone fancy the Ely to Walsingham Pilgrimage?
What do you need to know?
- Pilgrims will meet at Ely campsite on the evening of Thursday 19th August. All pilgrims must have a tent to stay in. We will begin walking early on Friday morning.
- Pilgrims will be required to bring their own food. Water will be provided at regular intervals.
- There will be a bus that will take your main bag with tent etc in each day. Pilgrims are advised to bring a day bag to carry food, water etc.
- The final Sunday Mass will take place in Walsingham at 2.30pm on Sunday 22nd August. Following the Mass a coach will be available to bring pilgrims back to Ely.
- Should pilgrims be unable to walk for whatever reason there will be some vehichle support. However, as this first pilgrimage we are trying to minimise potential problems and ask that pilgrims wishing to come this year be confident walkers without any major health difficulties.
- Pilgrims will be asked to help cover the costs of the pilgrimage and pay for the camping facilities. The total cost of each pilgrim £60. We ask that pilgrims please pay what they can afford.
Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to Madeleine for passing this on.